August is almost upon us. August brings with it the day the body that owns the authors on this blog was born. Yessirreee, The SloMan, The LastWord, LeggieLefty and the PeevedPunjabi were born in August. In order to celebrate, I am offering you an easy way to wish me well.
Instead of me writing a self-congratulatory birthday post, as I usually do, I am turning it over to you. All through August, I shall accept guest posts written specifically for this blog, SloWord.
Terms and Conditions: ( Hint: Only the ones in blue really matter… )
- They need not all be laudatory. 🙂 You can give me “feedback”. I promise I won’t cry. I’m a big boy now, almost ready for those pull-ups, again.
- Memoirs? Yep. Those stories when you and I…..
- Stories / legends about okra? Hell, yeah!
- Cats and Kittens? Meh. If you absolutely must.
- They need not follow a pattern.
- Or a method.
- There are no length restrictions.
- There are no format restrictions.
- Poetry? Sure.
- Limericks? Yup.
- Prose? Of course.
- Blend of poetry and prose? Knock your socks off.
- Readable? Yes.
- Understandable? Yes.
- Grammar? Please. Modern usage is allowed. I expect that you have you’re apostrophes in the right place and that your familiar with the use of commas and semicolons 🙂 🙂 Their, they’re! It’s ok, if you don’t. Really!
- Text speak. Avoid!
- Nouns as verbs? Please!! NO!!
- Verbs as nouns? See immediately above. Strictly verboten!!
- Profanity? Within reason, within context and limited.
- How many can you submit? You can submit as many as you like.
- Where do you send it? Please email all submissions to TheLastWord2608@gmail.com
- What text format should you use? I will accept plain text ( .txt), Rich Text (.rtf), MS-Word ( .doc / .docx ), Pages ( .pages).
- What do I do with photos and links? Put all photos in to the document as well with links.
- What else? Don’t forget to submit with your post a brief introduction to yourself and a link to your blog. I want to make sure you get credit for it.
Don’t be shy, folks. This is your golden opportunity to tell me how you really, really feel!
Happy birthmonth to me! Come on, August!